Petworth Cottage Museum at 346 High Street in Petworth is a Leconfield Estate worker’s cottage restored and furnished as it might have been in about 1910, when Mrs. Mary Cummings, a seamstress at Petworth House, was the tenant.
There is a cottage garden, a scullery, living room, bedroom, sewing room, attic and cellar. The museum is staffed by volunteer stewards who offer our visitors a friendly welcome, and is run by The Petworth Cottage Trust, an independent charitable trust.
Cottage Museum is celebrating its 20th year of opening in 2015.
£4 for adults and £1 for children